Teen Girl Sabriya McLean Stabbed More Than 50 Times, Body Burned In Philly By Man She Met On Facebook

A teenage girl was found dead in an alley in West Philadelphia, and police believe the suspect is a man she met on Facebook. Detectives found the body of 15-year-old Sabriya McLean in the area of 49th and Spruce Streets after receiving a call around 11:40 a.m. on Tuesday. Police say she was stabbed more than 50 times and burned before her body was left covered in leaves. Police say Sabriya met the suspect on Facebook. Authorities say the suspect, identified as 23-year-old Cole Swaringer-Herring, told his parents, who reported the crime to police. Swaringer-Herring was arrested charged with murder, arson, abuse of corpse and related offenses. An investigation is ongoing.

Delaware teen murdered after traveling to Philly for Facebook first date, police say

A 15-year-old Delaware teenage girl came to Philadelphia for a date with a man she had met on Facebook. She would wind up found dead in a pile of leaves near 49th and Walnut streets, stabbed more than 80 times and set on fire.

Now police have charged Cole Swaringer-Herring, 23, with murder, arson and abuse of corpse.

The body of Sabriya McLean, 15, of New Castle, Delaware, was discovered on the morning of Nov. 29 near Herring’s home, where police say he confessed to his parents.

Herring’s Facebook profile identifies him by the nickname “Uzi Daddy” and features pictures of himself living it up with women and smoking marijuana. It lists his occupation as “Chief executive officer at F—ing Your B—h (;” and education as being at “Sexology High School.”

No statements or images of actual violence are visible on his public profile. But court records show past arrests, including one for robbery and simple assault which was disposed of in February 2017, as well as a July 2012 arrest for robbery in which he was sentenced to two to 10 years in prison with five years probation.

No motive has yet been offered for why the date turned deadly.

But police say the two’s encounter at some point turned violent when he stabbed her some 80 times, before later setting her body on fire, police allege to try and cover up the evidence, and burying her corpse in leaves behind his house on the 200 block of South 49th Street.

McLean’s family could not be reached for comment. She was previously listed living in the neighborhood on Ogden Street and attending the Lea School.

No attorney could be reached for comment who was specifically assigned to Herring’s case. His preliminary hearing is scheduled on Dec. 20.

Leave a Reply